The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Moreton Pinkney
We very much hope that you will choose to hold your wedding in our beautiful church. It is used each Sunday for worship by the village and we also hold other events such as harvest suppers, flower festivals and music evenings during the year.
St Mary's interior altar.
Moreton Pinkney is a close knit community of just under 400 residents with:-
- 4 B&Bs (see Crockwell Farm website www.crockwellfarm.co.uk)
- Self-catering cottages such as Ashbrook Cottage (www.english-country-cottages.co.uk ref W44055)
- Plenty of walks!
We look forward to welcoming you to our village.
Weddings at St Mary's
St Mary's is Grade II* listed reflecting its late C12&13 architecture with late Perpendicular and C19 alterations. The church became part of the Augustinian priory at Canons Ashby in the C13 with the earliest evidence of Christianity in the parish a fragment of an Anglo-Saxon stone cross in the churchyard. The church can seat up to 120 on chairs and in pews.
There is a small car park by the Church for the bridal party and plenty of other parking around the green and at the village hall for your guests.
St Mary's Information Pack (weddings) (PDF, 184 Kb)
An information pack for weeings, including charges. Requires updating 2020.
Rev Brian Fairbank, our Rector, is keen to welcome you to St Mary's and would be delighted to chat to you about weddings in general and answer any queries you may have.
He will need to meet you before any plans can be finalised as there will be some formalities to ensure you satisfy Church of England rules and regulations but mainly it is a chance for you and him to discuss your thoughts on the service and to understand the process required to get you to your big day.
In addition to a Church service we can provide a number of add-on services which you might like to consider:
- Bell-ringing: The tower has a peal of 6 bells which are used regularly by the active bell ringing group in the village.
- Organist: We have a regular organist who is available to play at your wedding (and if she is not available we can arrange alternatives).
- Flowers: no doubt you are arranging flowers for your reception and so if you would like to use the same florist then that is entirely acceptable. However we have a number of keen flower arrangers in the village who would be delighted to help if required and to discuss your thoughts and requirements. They give their time free; all we ask is a donation to the Church and for you to reimburse the cost of the flowers and other materials required.
- Choir: we can arrange a choir for you of up to 10 members.
In addition to the standard charges for a Church wedding (these fees are set by the Church Commissioners) should you choose to get married in St Mary's there would be additional costs associated with the add-on services listed above. Please ask for a list of current costs.
Taking your plans forward
If you are interested in what we have to offer then please contact Henrietta Appleton on 01295 768573 in the first instance. She can put you in touch with Rev Brian Fairbank and both are available to answer any questions you might have.